Web Development involves programming, database design and the development of tools that make a website or application dynamic and interactive.
Web Design covers the visual aspects and user interface of the system.
Web Development is what that makes your website "do things".
While brochure websites do have their place many businesses can benefit from more sophisticated websites that
can reduce communication costs and drive sales.
Common Web Development / Web Applications
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Database driven product catalogues
- B2B Solutions (e.g stock warehousing)
The Benefits of Web Applications
Custom web applications offer several advantages over traditional desktop applications.
- Availability – because web apps are hosted online they can be accessed from anywhere. (Great for companies with a mobile or wide-spread workforce)
- Sharing – many users can access a single web application at one time. Data will be update for all users as it's accessed live at a central location.
- Administration – a web browser is all that is required to access a web application. You do not need to maintain or upgrade software on individual computers.
- B2B Communication – a web app can be made accessable to suppliers or customers for better inter-organisational work
- Frontend coding — standards based HTML and CSS
- PHP development and MySQL database development
Custom Web Development can provide tools that exactly meet your needs, making your work more effecient and providing real business-value.